It's a lazy, drizzly afternoon, and the grey sky is heavy, hanging just above the rooftops I see from my open window. The sounds of slow raindrops dripping, chirping birds, and the unintelligible chatter of children drift into my room, where I am soaking up the last days full of nothing before classes begin.
I painted last night. Working over a page thick with acrylics, I drizzled, fingerpainted, sketched, wrote. The result reminds me of a circus, somehow, or a carnival; the colors are bright, the circles are playful and seem full of movement. The text is in German: Kunstlerin is (female) artist and die bin ich means "I am she".
Recently I have been on a journey to rediscover my passions, inspirations, and dreams. With only a little more than a year before I graduate from college, the future looms near, full of possibility and responsibility, and I need to begin choosing a path to follow. I feel that this is a time of self rediscovery, of digging deep and remembering those things I love and have always loved.
Here are a few things I know for sure:
- I am in love with Germany.
- Children and animals bring me tremendous joy.
- Issues regarding education are very close to my heart.
- I truly need, crave, and treasure time by myself.
- Early mornings are magical – but I rarely go to bed early enough to manage to get up to enjoy them.
- Design, photography, families, philosophy, and creativity interest me hugely.
- I am coming to realize that compassion in all aspects of life is something I value more than anything.
What do you know about yourself, dearest?